Subject: Save 50% Or More At Year-end Clearance Sales And Help Protect Rainforests in Brazil
From: "The Rainforest Site" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 04:30:49 -0800

Dear pierre,

In this week's newsletter:
* How your clicks help protect the Guaraqueçaba Reserve in Brazil
* Shop & fight hunger -- 50% off at Nordstrom & Mercata, winter 
  sales at L.L.Bean and Eddie Bauer, & more!
* Rainforest facts

HOW YOUR CLICKS HELP PROTECT THE GUARAQUECABA RESERVE IN BRAZIL
The rich ecosystem of the Guaraqueçaba region is the largest
intact area of Atlantic Forest in Brazil. It contains 171 of
Brazil's 202 endangered species including the jaguar, yellow-throated
caiman, tapir, red-tailed parrot, and the black-faced lion tamarin. 
Once occupying more than 400,000 square miles, this expansive 
landscape has been reduced to less than eight percent of its original 
extent. Athough 775,000 acres of the forest are now a protected 
biosphere reserve and considered by scientists to be one of the 
world's top three conservation priorities, the region still faces 
many threats. Rapid development, buffalo ranching, unsustainable 
activities such as logging, heart-of-palm gathering, overfishing, 
and hunting, are quickly eroding the Reserve's resource base. 

Your clicks on The Rainforest site are helping to protect the 
Guaraqueçaba Reserve from further destruction. The Nature 
Conservancy's Adopt An Acre program is working with local partners to
protect the Reserve by bolstering protection of public lands, 
establishing private reserves, and assisting in targeted community 
development.

SHOP AND PROTECT RAINFORESTS -- 50% 0FF AT NORDSTROM & MERCATA, 
WINTER SALES AT L.L. BEAN AND EDDIE BAUER, & MORE! 
For every dollar you spend in The Rainforest Site shopping village, 
10.8 square feet land will be donated to The Nature Conservancy and 
its Adopt An Acre Program at no extra cost to you. Here are 
this week's merchant specials. 

*******************************************************************
Prices and availability subject to change.

*** SAVE AT L.L. BEAN'S WINTER SALE ***
At this special winter sale, you'll find great deals and just what 
you need for your next vacation -- in the mountains or the islands. 
Save on men's, women's and kids' clothing, plus items for the home 
and travel gear. (Intl. shipping)
http://www.greatergood.com/csvpromos/RS1LLB

*** $10 OFF $20 PURCHASE AT PETSMART.COM ***
Spend $20 on your favorite pet supplies and get $10 off your first 
purchase at PETsMART.com. Choose from a huge selection of treats, 
collars, pet houses and more. Plus holiday pet toys and decorations 
are now 50% off. Check it out today! (US only)
http://www.greatergood.com/csvpromos/RS1PTS

*** SAVE 50% OR MORE AT NORDSTROM RACK ***
It's not just discount, it's NORDSTROM. You'll find great savings -- 
50% or more -- on hundreds of styles, tons of shoes and loads of 
accessories. NORDSTROM RACK online store is a lot like the one you 
know. Great Nordstrom merchandise marked down to prices you can't 
resist. (US and Canada) 
http://www.greatergood.com/csvpromos/RS1NOR

*** UP TO 50% OFF AT COOKING.COM ***
Visit Cooking.com for tempting after-holiday savings on bakeware 
items, gourmet gift baskets and the season's finest foods, now at 
specially reduced prices of up to 50% off. But hurry, all the best 
items are going FAST! (US only)
http://www.greatergood.com/csvpromos/RS1COK

*** SAVE BIG AT EDDIE BAUER'S ULTIMATE WINTER SALE ***
Beat the winter chills with Eddie Bauer's Ultimate Winter Sale -- 
their biggest sale of the season. Find the latest fashions for men, 
women, children and great deals on luggage, home decor and sports 
gear. Now's the time to redeem an Eddie Bauer gift certificate. Plus,
it's easy to return items at any Eddie Bauer store in the US or 
Canada! (US and Canada)
http://www.greatergood.com/csvpromos/RS1EDB

*** THE RAINFOREST SITE TOTE BAGS -- ONLY $12.95! ***
The Rainforest Site tote bag serves as the perfect reminder to reuse 
and conserve resources as much as possible in the new year! The large 
and durable canvas tote is perfect for carrying groceries and other 
everyday items. Plus, each tote you buy generates 540 square feet of
rainforest land.  
http://www.gearthatgives.com/product/221/251/974

*** UP TO 60% OFF CLASSIC, COMFORTABLE WOMEN'S FASHIONS AT JJILL ***
Imagine relaxed workday clothes and weekend wear -- every bit as 
comfortable as your favorite blue jeans! Visit jjill.com today and 
save up to 60% on everything from timeless cashmere sweaters to 
stylish outerwear and accessories for every occasion. (US only) 
http://www.greatergood.com/csvpromos/RS1JJL

*** SAVE MORE THAN 50% AT CHIASSO'S CLEARANCE SALE! ***
Save more than 50% on unique and hip accessories for the home, funky 
holiday ornaments and more. Spruce up your home for the new year or 
shop now for upcoming birthdays and special occasions. 
(Intl. Shipping)
http://www.greatergood.com/csvpromos/RS1CHI

*** SAVE BIG AT BUY.COM'S AFTER HOLIDAY BLOWOUT SALE! ***
Don't miss Buy.com's After Holiday Blowout Sale for hot prices on 
closeouts, clearance models, markdowns and over-stock reductions 
on some of their best-sellers. Score great deals on everything from 
digital cameras and cordless phones to CDs, DVDs, video games and 
more! Many of these products are in limited supply, so act quickly. 
(US only)
http://www.greatergood.com/csvpromos/RS1BUY

*** GET UP TO 60% OFF AT ESPRIT.COM! ***
Start off the New Year by spicing up your wardrobe with a hip new 
outfit from Esprit. You'll find unbelievable deals -- as low as 60% 
off -- from soft and silky sweaters (starting at $11) and sassy
dresses to skirts, pants, jackets and other fun basics. (US only) 
http://www.greatergood.com/csvpromos/RS1ESP

*** UP TO 75% OFF TOYS AND GAMES AT ZANY BRAINY'S CLEARANCE SALE ***
Shop the Zany Clearance Sale and get up to 75% off great brand 
name toys and games that are sure to spark a child's creativity, 
including Lego, Wild Planet, LeapFrog, Crayola and more. Hurry, 
quantities are limited. (US only)
http://www.greatergood.com/csvpromos/RS1ZAN

*** HOLIDAY CLEARANCE AT MERCATA! ***
Do you like deals? Thought so. The Mercata Store is the place to find
offers you won't believe. Choose from two-way radios, cordless 
phones, luggage and much more. You name it, Mercata's got it -- at 
some of the lowest prices on the Web. Check these deals out by 
clicking on Clearance button. (US and Canada)
http://www.greatergood.com/csvpromos/RS1MER

*** 60% OFF ALL HOLIDAY GREETING CARDS ***
Start off the year one step ahead of the game. Stock up now on your 
holiday cards. All holiday cards at GourmetGiving.com are 60% off! 
Select from eight festive holiday and winter scenes. There are 18 
cards and envelopes per box -- just click on the Holiday Cards & 
Gifts section to view the entire selection. Their incredibly low sale
prices range from $5.18-$6.78! Shop now for best selection. (US only)
http://www.greatergood.com/csvpromos/RS1GMG

For a complete listing of all merchants, please visit The 
Rainforest Site shopping village at 
http://www.greatergood.com/csvvillageshop/tnc/shade1
*******************************************************************

RAINFOREST FACTS
* A single pond in Brazil can sustain a greater variety of fish 
  than all of the rivers of Europe. 
* Less than 10% of the Brazilian rainforest that Darwin admired in 
  1833 remains today.
* In a single day, satellite photos have shown 7,603 different fires
  raging in the Brazilian rainforests.
  
Sincerely, 
The Rainforest Site 
[email-masked] 
www.therainforestsite.com 

****************************************** 
The Rainforest Site emails its members periodically with items 
of interest related to protecting our world's rainforests and ways 
to make a difference. To unsubscribe, please follow this link: 
http://www.greatergood.com/unsubscribe/0x9e0a56373974706ecefdd0cc/0x10016b8839931fdcc0a80a06
and click YES to have this email address removed from this mailing
list. Removal will take effect within a week of receipt of your 
request. Thank you!
  
For more information on The Rainforest Site, please visit 
http://www.therainforestsite.com. 
  
For more information on The Nature Conservancy, please visit 
http://www.tnc.org. The mission of The Nature Conservancy is to 
preserve plants, animals and natural communities that represent 
the diversity of life on earth by protecting the lands and waters 
they need to survive.